Thursday, August 2, 2012

Olly Murs: ‘I caught fans dealing with bins’


Olly Murs has recently returned towards the UK after being in America supporting One Direction on tour. Since he is back he has been describing what 1D mania is like to look at.

Talking with The Metro about One Direction’s fans, the singer said, “They were a little bit younger than I'm used to. My fans aren't as obsessed as theirs, mine are quite chilled.

“The infatuation and just how much they fancy One Direction was crazy. I caught fans going through bins trying to find stuff the boys had chucked out.

“It was insane however the fans were brilliant to me. They knew my songs and sang along. It was good to go there and showcase my music. It had been really positive. It was intriguing to be in the mayhem of what happening and also to begin to see the impact they've had. It had been a simple six weeks' work - the guys were great and thus were the fans."


Olly also told the paper of a surprise celebrity fan of his. He said, “I did a gig in Glasgow and my tour manager said: ‘Susan Boyle’s at the box office.’ We didn’t have free tickets left for the show and apologised. She said: ‘That’s fine, I’ve arrived at buy tickets.’ She bought four and sat in the audience with her friends and watched the show. She came backstage afterwards. Subo’s a fan. We got a picture together and she or he was very complimentary.

“She’s such a nice person. There are all these perceptions of the items she’s like but she’s lovely.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment