Thursday, August 2, 2012

Florence Welch describes her concert events as ‘like an exorcism’



Florence + the Machine singer Florence Welch has opened up concerning the connection with being on stage before thousands of screaming fans, and has bizarrely described it as being ‘like an exorcism’.

In an interview with Absolute Punk, the singer said, "I seem like I suddenly return to myself on stage. During the songs, you transcend yourself. The best way to be in the performance will be without pause and be essentially within the moment, for the reason that moment of expression.
“I always find it is cathartic and it is similar to an exorcism, but then zip, I'm always just to myself. I believe I ought to get a bigger between-the-song persona, so then I'm not wandering around the stage like some mad old auntie that's saying hello to people and falling over.”


She continued, “I'm excited for that third record. It's been a gruelling couple of years, but I'm glad I acquired the 2nd one out since it was ready also it did feel ready. It felt just like a sequel almost to Lungs that needed to come out for me to tell your friends what I involved. Lungs, for better or worse, was perhaps a slightly confused record. That was the good and bad thing about it. It had been more like a scrapbook.

“With Ceremonials, it had been as though I had averted the sound. I pinned it down and controlled it. Now it seamless comfort because it feels as though there's lots of options right now."

0 comments:

Post a Comment