Thursday, August 2, 2012

Keira Knightley on Jude Law: ‘No wonder he kept that hat on’


Keira Knightley has confessed that she felt sorry for Jude Law during the filming of Anna Karenina, thanks to him having to wear an unflattering wig for that role of Alexei Karenin - which made him appear older and bald.

Speaking with Harper’s Bazaar about how Jude would keep his hat on during breaks from filing, she said, “No wonder he kept that hat on. [The make-up and wig] were the worst. Poor f**ker. I'd get to the end of the day, take my make-up and wig off, and I'd look s**t.

“He'd take the make-up and wig off and look f**king brilliant. And everybody would say, 'Oh yeah! Good-looking man underneath!’”


The actress also spoke about her co-star Aaron Johnson, saying, “He is very confident. But he’s also got anything, and I’m never sure quite what it is that makes an actor good, but he’s first got it. It’s real. It’s a really interesting thing.

“If you asked him about his preparation or anything like that, I’m less than sure what the answer would be - he’s a total wing-it, but he absolutely pulls them back. You kind of stand there and go, ‘Wow, I don’t understand how you’ve done it, but you’ve really, really done it.’ It was amazing to watch.”

Keira admitted to becoming an awkward teenager, and says she’s only recently become comfortable in her skin. She said, “I hated late teens, I hated early twenties, all that, I believe many people do. Possibly I believe I’m among those people who always would have done also it didn’t really matter where I had been in everyday life. However i was totally uncomfortable in everything.

“And out of the blue 25 hit, and I was like, 'Ah, I think I’m all right'. And also after 25 it’s been very good. I definitely feel like I’ve been around the block once or twice, and that’s great.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment